8 Little Known Facts About Sunscreen:
1. There’s no proof that sunscreens prevent most skin cancer.
2. Don’t be fooled by high SPF.
3. The common sunscreen additive vitamin A may speed development of skin cancer.
4. European sunscreens provide better UVA protection.
5. Sunscreen doesn’t protect skin from all types of sun damage.
6. Some sunscreen ingredients disrupt hormones and cause skin allergies.
7. Mineral sunscreens contain nano-particles.
8. If you avoid sun, check your vitamin D levels.
So To Sum up, here are some Do’s and Don’t when it comes to choosing a sunscreen:
DO Look for ingredients like: Zinc oxide, and AVOID Oxybenzone, Vitamin A, and insect repellant or DEET.
DO look for products that are cream based, braod spectrum and water-resistant, with an SPF between 15-50. AVOID SPRAYS, POWDERS and anything with an SPF over 50.
The information I’m sharing with you today comes from EWG.org.
The Environmental Working Group’s mission is to empower people to live healthier lives in a healthier environment.